If you are in the market for an air conditioner or looking to upgrade, you may want to consider the benefits of a heat pump instead. Air source heat pumps can be an excellent choice to provide both air conditioning and heating for your home.
Heat pumps are quickly gaining popularity in our region for their incredible efficiency. Read on to find out if a heat pump is right for your home:
What Is A Heat Pump?
Heat pumps are a proven technology that efficiently provides both heating and cooling to spaces in your home. They use refrigeration technology and electricity to provide heating and cooling.
No matter what style of home you live in — back split, side split, two-story home — the heating and cooling equipment by Mitsubishi offers many solutions for regulating the temperature in your spaces.
How Do Heat Pumps Work?
Even on the coldest days, the air still contains some heat. With Mitsubishi’s cold climate mini-split heat pump technology, the heat in the frigid air can be captured by circulating refrigerant. Heat moves from warmer objects to cooler ones, so if an object outdoors is colder than the air, even when it is below zero, that object will absorb heat from the outdoor air.
Heat-pumps designed for cold climates take advantage of this basic principle. By capturing and amplifying the heat from the outside air to heat spaces in colder climates, the need for burning fuel oil is eliminated, which helps to reduce your home’s environmental impact.
Benefits of A Heat Pump
Heat pumps offer many great benefits when compared to traditional heating and cooling solutions, including:
- Sound: Outdoor units operate as quietly as 19 db(A), making them quieter than a human whisper.
- Convenience: Heat pumps can be installed almost anywhere and do not require ductwork. This makes heat pumps a great heating and cooling solution for older homes.
- Efficiency: Heat Pumps can save you up to 50% over the cost of traditional electric, oil, or propane heating.
- Comfort: Temperatures can be adjusted in any room for individual comfort. Heat pumps can also speed up and slow down to provide the cooling or heating required in each room of your home.
- Reduce your carbon footprint: By minimizing your carbon dioxide CO2 output you are making a greener choice.
Greener Homes Grant
Recently, the Government of Canada introduced the new Greener Homes Grant. There are up to 700,000 grants of up to $5,000 available to help homeowners who are making energy-efficient upgrades to their home. You may be eligible to apply for the Canada Green Homes Grant if you are considering installing a heat pump.
If you want to learn more about heating and cooling solutions for your home, the team at Cross Heating is happy to answer your questions. Contact us to learn more.