Feel Good in Your Home
Using a humidifier or a dehumidifier helps regulate the amount of moisture in the air, making it easier to breathe, reducing airborne viruses, and combating static and organic growth in your home.
Start controlling the humidity in your home with the help of our expert technicians at Cross Heating & Air Conditioning. Our comfort advisors are happy to discuss your home’s needs and help you decide what works best for you.
Cross Heating & Air Conditioning carries the best products for your home, so you can rest easy knowing that our manufacturer-trained technicians put in quality systems that will stand the test of time.
Feel confident in the products controlling your humidity with humidifiers and dehumidifiers by Desert Spring, Honeywell, and Lennox.
Humidify or Dehumidify:
What’s the Difference?
Determining whether you need to add humidity or reduce it in your home will depend on a variety of factors. Ontario winters bring an added layer of dryness to our air and increased airborne illnesses. However, our summers regularly see heat with an added humidex.
Cross Heating & Air Conditioning comfort advisors will be able to assess the air in your home and look for signs determining which type of air treatment you require.
Adding humidity to your home will help add moisture to your air. Here are some benefits of installing a humidifier:
- Prevent airborne viruses from spreading around your home
- Prevent skin irritation and dry, cracked hands
- Added moisture helps your home feel warmer
- Reduce allergens and symptoms
- Cut down on static shock
- Protect your furniture and wood from drying out quickly
Types of humidifiers:
- Steam humidifiers produce humidity even when your furnace isn’t running and are adjustable to provide as much humidity you want. Steam humidifiers adapt and account for Ontario’s swinging seasons.
- Rotary disc humidifiers are 100% water-efficient and come with a self-cleaning disc to help reduce wear on the unit. Rotary disc humidifiers use very little energy to add humidity to your home.
- Pulsed flow-through humidifiers are one of the most common ways to add humidity to your home. This style provides small bursts of water to help add moisture to the air in your home. This unit required pads to be replaced regularly.
You may need to reduce the amount of humidity in the air of your home. Some benefits of adding a dehumidifier to your home include:
- Comfortable, breathable air
- Lower energy costs and increased savings
- Low-maintenance solution
- Reduced allergens and symptoms
- Reduced skin irritation
- Minimized odours, organic growth, and mildew
Signs you may need a dehumidifier:
- Water stains or spots on the walls or ceiling of your home
- Poor ventilation in high-humidity rooms (like bathrooms with no windows)
- Frequent or excessive condensation on your windows
- Small black spots on your walls or in the bathroom
- Musty or mildew smells
Get the Right Humidity
You should enjoy air in your home that doesn’t dry your skin out or cause health concerns. Cross Heating & Air Conditioning comfort advisors will help you get comfortable humidity in your home using a humidifier or dehumidifier. Get started by speaking with our pros today.
Why Choose Us
INSTALLS PER YEAR ON AVERAGE
SERVICE CALLS PER YEAR ON AVERAGE
REVIEWS FROM OVER 100 SATISFIED CLIENTS
Guarantees & Warranties
Absolutely one of the best companies I have ever dealt with! I can’t say enough. From customer service (especially!), to the technicians (also amazing Clint especially). Fair pricing. Everything great. If I could give them 6 stars, I would.
Cross heating and A/C installed a UV and water filtration system for us in a professional and timely manner, this is the third time we used Cross heating and AC from furnace and hot water heater install as well as AC unit earlier this year. We will continue to use there services in future.
Cross Heating did a fantastic job with my AC installation. From the initial estimate visit through to the finished job, their staff were attentive, mindful of COVID protocols while in our home, and the whole process was efficient and stress-free. Highly recommend their services!
Cross heating came quickly to my rescue when I needed it the most. I’m way too independent and can feel vulnerable calling repair companies but Cross heating has a great team that is friendly with a wide range of knowledge and experience. I can enjoy my new tankless water heater in peace, and have comfort knowing that if I have any problems they will send a team out right away.
Great experience. From the quoting process to the final installation. A new furnace, hot water heater and water softener installed. Each step of the way the guys showed up when they were supposed to, did exactly what they said they would and some. Then they left the site spotless. I would recommend them anytime.
We have 3 locations to serve you in Waterloo, Listowel, and Hanover. Our friendly technicians are available to meet your heating and cooling needs.
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday: 8am - 7pm
Saturday & Sunday: 10am - 5pm
- 483 Conestogo Rd Unit 1B
- Waterloo, ON N2L 4C9
- 813 Main St W
- Listowel, ON N4W 1B4
- 214 10th St #3
- Hanover, ON N4N 1N7